Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Healing. I Still Have Questions Too. - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Healing. I Still Have Questions Too.
Now Think On This
Steve Martin


Healing, as in miracles and instantaneous recovery, has always been a challenge to me. It may be true for you also. There have been many times I've asked our Lord Jesus, "Why not?" when healing doesn't come as soon as we'd desire, either for our self or others. It has been an ongoing question millions have asked God over the centuries.

Having read many books on the subject myself, with so many of them out there, I know it is one concern shared universally. Even in this modern era, with top-notch medical staff and medication sales in the annual multi-billions, many suffer with ongoing, unhealed conditions. And so the usual question keeps coming up. Why?

To share with you a brief personal history, I had the privilege of teaming with a world-wide known healing evangelist for over a decade, myself witnessing true miracles. Even after seeing with my own eyes the Lord Yeshua giving supernatural, instantaneous healings, I today still struggle with praying in faith for myself and others for healing, and seeing a miracle happen.

With a recent kidney stone deciding to be an unwanted part of my interior being, the question of healing again arose in a very genuine way. You can bet (I certainly don't recommended that betting ever is done though - just an expression) that I sought the Lord for immediate healing. Being this was my 4th kidney stone in the past 30 years, I thought my deliveries in birth were over. That pain is not something you'd want even an unfavorable one to experience.

And then there is another issue to share, which may help someone else who can relate, having a similar personal situation.

I have had a consistent, annoying cough for over 28 years. Back in 1987 one prominent minister said it was a "familiar spirit." As much as I believe in demonic forces and deliverance, if this was so in this case, it still never wants to obey my repeated commands to go. In addition, doctors have told me over the years that this physical ailment is due to nasal drip or allergies. I even assured the doctors that I have never smoked. (My uncle's cigar puff took care of that when I was 5.) Medications have not helped. Nothing has freed me from it as yet. 

And so I continue to cough, no matter what the season. Another one of those things that I have no understanding on or relief from still.

Family members have had chronic inflections. Though we have prayed many times, believing with as much faith as we have, nothing changes in some instances.

So I think, maybe the Emergency Room kidney stone visit was to give me an opportunity to speak to a staff member there? Maybe it was to stretch something in me that only this event would, or could? He works out His purposes in that way too.

The apostle Paul had an ongoing affliction, though not specified in Scripture. Some say it was an eye problem. He wrote that he entreated the Lord three times for healing and release from it. The Lord answered him - His grace was sufficient. He had a purpose in it beyond healing.

Paul’s exact words as found in 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 reads, “Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me — to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” (NASU)

Here is some further encouragement from the Word. ‘Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NASU)

So what am I saying? For my peace of mind, I will continue to seek the Lord's healing hand for His touch, while at the same time knowing that He is God, and His plans and knowledge are much higher than mine. Father knows best.

We give thanks for all that we experience in healing from the Lord. Whether it comes in a instantaneous miracle or over a period of time, with whatever method the Lord chooses, we praise Him.

As we walk forward in faith, continue to pray for healing. Still believe He gives gifts as healing from His immense heart of love for us. And above all, trust in our Lord for healing in your life and others.

Finally, leave the results in His hands, and know that all in all He is the One we can always lean on, and trust in. His Word is eternal truth.

I hope you are free in your faith to believe Him for all things and in all things.

This is something to think about.

Love you,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People, Inc.

P.S. I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. They might need it. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

We sure could use your help to bless the families we do in Israel, India, Pakistan, Vietnam and the hurting ones here in the USA. Please give out of the abundance you have been given.

In May, 2016, my wife Laurie and I will be traveling to Israel to spend time with our friends. We support them in word and deed. We have our plane tickets in hand. We love Israel.

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA humanitarian organization started in 2010 to share the love of the Father in the nations.
If these messages minister to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $5-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families we know in Israel, whom we consistently help through our humanitarian ministry. Your tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.

Click here for safe ONLINE GIFT GIVING THROUGH OUR WEBSITE using major credit cards: Love For His People. If you don't have a PayPal account you can also use your credit card or bank account (where available). 

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc.  P.O. Box414   Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.)
Please share Now Think On This with your friends.

Email: loveforhispeople@gmail.com  
martinlighthouse@gmail.com

Facebook pages: Steve Martin and  Love For His People  
Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople 

Full website: Love For His People

Now Think On This #208 “Healing. I Still Have Questions Too.” by Steve Martin 
Date: In the year of our Lord 2015 (11.18.15) Wednesday at 8:00 pm in Charlotte, NC
All previous editions of Now Think On This can be found on this Blog, and on the website: Now Think On This


Again, I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment