Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Arms of Love - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

Arms of Love
Now Think On This
Steve Martin


“Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.”
John 15:13, NKJV)


Do you need a hug today? It sure would be nice to give you one right now.

When I receive prayer requests from my beloved friends in Jerusalem, Sweden, Pakistan, India, and even right here in the USA from my best friend in Peru, Illinois, sometimes I just wish I could go to them and give them a big hug. Just to let them know that they are not alone; that the Lord Jesus is not only their Savior and Redeemer, but that He has also given others for them, to share His immense heart of love and compassion with them.

He has created us with loving arms – to wrap around others as He Himself does.

Generally I am not a hugger as much as I’d like to be. I guess it has something to do with growing up. Coming from a family of eight kids, just getting the daily jobs done and the home managed was quite a bit for Mom and Dad in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Weariness, and all that goes with it, doesn’t always allow for giving out a bunch of hugs. (But Mom sure does give them now. Thanks Mom! Dad has passed onto glory.)

As a father myself, even with our own four children, I regret that I didn’t give out the hugs I am sure they wanted, and needed, as they grew up. I do pray that what they missed out on then has now been received, as they walk in faith and love with their Lord Jesus, and have much to share with their own.

As a husband, I am also aware that I don’t give as many hugs as my good wife would love to have. But thank God that by His everlasting grace I am still working on that, even after all these 38 years.

In years gone by, when Laurie and I led worship at various Charlotte, NC church and ministry gatherings, we would sing a song from Vineyard Music called Arms of Love (see lyrics below). It is a very simple song, and yet it grips the heart when you hear of the Lord’s love, and how He so often wants to wrap us up in His arms of love.

You see, one can have these as you give of yourself to those in need, and whom you care about. When Jesus came to earth - to walk among us, experience all that we too would go through, and then in death gave us the opportunity to experience eternal life by His sacrificial blood poured out - He demonstrated what love is all about. We are to lay down our life for our friends, and to others whom He gives us.


Yeshua wrapped His loving arms around the whole world as He hung on the tree, stretched out, fully exposed, suffering a torturous death in order that you and I could have life. As Jesus obeyed the Eternal Father, by abiding in His love, He poured out His precious, cleansing blood, while graphically revealing the abundant love He bore in His heart. His blood now covers our sins, and redeems us.

His life lived among us was given because He loves us so much, and desires that we not perish in hell, but abide forever with Him in His heavenly home. That is what love is all about. Even Charlie Brown knows that.

My prayer for you today is that you know of your Father’s loving arms, that you experience a true friend who also does, and that together they would wrap their arms around you at those times you desperately need a hug.

The Lord doesn’t leave us alone to face that which often comes our way. He not only has given us Himself, but desires to place us in a spiritual family to walk with, together laying our lives down for one another, and sharing His arms of love with the world.


He loves you. He really does.

Go share His love, and hug someone today. Wrap your loving arms around them.

Now think on this,

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People. Inc.

P.S. We sure could use your help to bless the families we do in Israel, India, Pakistan, Vietnam and the hurting ones here in the USA. Please give out of the abundance you have been given.

I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

In May, 2016, my wife Laurie and I will be traveling to Israel to spend time with our friends. We support them in word and deed. We have our plane tickets in hand. We support Israel.

Love For His People, Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit USA humanitarian organization started in 2010 to share the love of the Father in the nations.


If these messages minister to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $5-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families we know in Israel, whom we consistently help through our humanitarian ministry. Your tax deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.

Click here for safe ONLINE GIFT GIVING THROUGH OUR WEBSITE using major credit cards: Love For His People. If you don't have a PayPal account you can also use your credit card or bank account (where available). 

Contribution checks can be sent to: 
Love For His People, Inc.  P.O. Box414   Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.)
Please share Now Think On This with your friends.

Email: loveforhispeople@gmail.com  
martinlighthouse@gmail.com

Facebook pages: Steve Martin and  Love For His People  
Twitter: martinlighthous, LovingHisPeople 

Full website: Love For His People

Now Think On This #203 “Arms of Love” by Steve Martin 
Date: In the year of our Lord 2015 (11.08.15) Sunday at 6:00 am in Charlotte, NC

All previous editions of Now Think On This can be found on this Blog, and on the website: Now Think On This

I would be most grateful if you'd share this encouraging word with your family and friends. You can easily use the social media icons below. Thanks! Steve

Arms of Love, Vineyard

I sing a simple song of love
To my Savior, to my Jesus
I'm grateful for the things You've done
My loving Savior, oh precious Jesus
My heart is glad that
You called me Your own
There's no place I'd rather be

Than in Your arms of love
In Your arms of love
Holding me still
Holding me near in Your arms of love

CCLI Song Number 824481
Author(s): Craig Musseau

Copyright: 1991 Mercy / Vineyard Publishing, Vineyard Songs Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment