Friday, June 14, 2019

"Come Near To The Altar" - Now Think On This by Steve Martin

“Come Near to the Altar"


"Moses then said to Aaron, "Come near to the altar and offer your sin offering and your burnt offering, that you may make atonement for yourself and for the people; then make the offering for the people, that you may make atonement for them, just as the Lord has commanded." (Leviticus 9:7, NASU)


Times of worship create an atmosphere where the Holy Spirit moves in prophetic waves. Those open and attuned to His Spirit sense this movement, and quietly wait for His word He will share through them, for the good of those gathered.
Such occurred in a Sunday morning meeting church service where my wife Laurie and I were part of the worship team as singers. In the midst of the beautiful song, "Worthy of It All", my spirit began to well up inside me. At the same time, tears wet my closed eyes, as I longed to see and glorify the Lord and experience His presence in our midst.
As I often have shared in these messages, when the Lord gives me a word to proclaim, it typically is just that, a single word. Then I must step out in faith and begin to share, trusting that more will follow. And as this happens, He is faithful to give more. 
Just like Peter stepping out of the boat on the water, we must take that first step. Then He is there.
The words, "Come near to the altar" came into my spirit, and though I didn't get a chance to share them publicly at that time, I believe the Lord has a word for you reading now, to hear what He has to say to you in encouragement.
He is beckoning us to come near to the altar, that place where you take the first step, to move towards Him, whether you have done before or not, in order to present yourself to Him and await what He will say to you. It is not some weird religious thing that some would think, but it is His calling out to us to move toward Him. He promises He will be there as we approach Him. 
He is desiring us to seek Him, to come before Him as His children, and receive each day what He would speak, share, and instruct us to do. Often, it may just be to come and be in His presence, to rest in His peace. Don't we all need that?
The altar is also the place where our lives are presented to the Lord for His purposes, where we say to Him, through our hearts, "Here I am. Do as You desire. My will is to do Your will, as I lay down my thoughts and my plans today in order to know what Yours are, and to do them."
Jesus continually presented Himself to the Father, not seeking His own achievements, but to know and do what the Father would give Him to do.
"Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." As He spoke these words, many believed in Him." (John 8:28-30, NKJV)
As we come to the altar, a spiritual place to meet Him where He is at, we too will receive all that He wants to give us - healing, direction, restoration, wisdom, provision. The list goes on as we give ourselves to our Lord. It will always require movement on our part. But as He draws us to Himself, and respond in movement, He is there. 
It is a sacrifice on our part to present ourselves to the Living God, the One Who continually watches over Israel and His people. But it is His delight to meet with us, and confide in us.
I encourage you today to give yourself to Him, by coming near to the altar. Not out of fear in condemnation if you don't, but out of that desire to know Him, to love Him, to serve Him with all your heart. As you do, the sacrifice you give will become the energy to live as He grants us His life.
Ahava and shalom,

Steve Martin
Founder/President
Love For His People, Inc.







Please sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter: Now Think On This 

On July 5, 2019, Strength will be having our first Friday of the month meeting in The Barn at Antioch International Church in Fort Mill, SC. Come and celebrate the goodness of our God!
Look here: Strength For Israel

P.S. In May 2019 I returned from my 20th trip to Israel. And guess what? I brought back for you my last 58 short videos I entitled “Walk With Me in Israel”. You can join me as I walk through the beautiful land and cities of Israel. Watch them here on our YouTube channel: Walk With Me - Israel May 2019

Also, my previous ones from other locations are here also on YouTube: Walk With Me
If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$25 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
  
With a one-time contribution or a commitment to send monthly support for a length of time, I do ask now for your help. 

You can give safely online through PayPal or Givelify.

Click on either link PayPal or Givelify or the images on the right column of our Love For His People website.

You can also give by check, sending to:

Love For His People ministry
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134

Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.) 

Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and LinkedIn.  Others will be thankful you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment